Sunday, November 15, 2009

Some Mullett happenings :-)

Well, I've been sitting in Starbucks since 12, and I'm starting to run out of things to do until work at 5.So I thought maybe I'd write down some silly things about Kyle and I since we've been married/in KY.

1. The facewash we've both been using since our honeymoon has lasted us for 106 days and counting. That's impressive.

2. One day on the way to church, right after having a conversation about animal's mating (don't ask how that came up) we passed two cow's going at it on the side of the road.

3. Someone who lives on our side of the building always turns out the stairwell lights and it's driving us crazy.

4. The first meal Kyle and I had in our new home was absolutely horrible! We didn't have time to go full grocery shopping, so we went to the IGA in Wilmore and bought packaged pasta and brauts...it tasted like breakfast sausage mixed with sodium chicken flavored pasta. I guess that's what we should have expected though... Blehhhh.

5. When moving in, our neighbors downstairs had a couch they were trying to get rid of. We were in need of one, so we gladly took it. Unfortunately it was too big to get into the living room...until the boys cut the legs off with a saw. We noticed after the fact that it was property of Asbury Seminary...

6. One night (quite recently) we had our new friends Dave and Stephanie over for dinner. We were all helping make pizza, and Stephanie accidentally dropped a knife on her big toe. She had to go to the emergency room and get stitches that night...but the hospital ER was so great, they were back within 2 hours and still ate pizza with us!

7. On Monday mornings when Kyle has to be at work by 5am...and I have to be at work by 12pm...(note we only have one car) I wake up super early with him (4:15), ride with him to work, and sleep in back seat of the car for 3 hours. It's so much fun! Whenever I come inside after waking up, all the employees greet me with warm Good Mornings and Starbucks beverages! :-)

8. The oven/stove in our apartment has no numbers/temperatures/dials. It appeared as if the tenants before us cleaned it with a wire scrubbing pad and erased everything! Therefore it makes cooking and baking somewhat difficult at times. haha.

9. Just yesterday, Kyle and I were driving on a road that we thought took us to another main road that we needed to get to. As we were driving we suddenly found ourselves in a construction zone/bike path. Some guy in a ginormous tractor stopped to tell us that we were on a bike trail and helped us find the way to the road. Bad signage, Wilmore...

10. Being married is probably the most exciting and fun part of life's journey so far. It is so comforting to know that I get to spend the rest of my life with my best friend. It is so overwhelming to know that I have a husband who is proud to have me as his wife and loves me more than I can ever understand. It is so good to know that this love is right, is good, and is exactly what God had planned since the beginning. And it's satisfying to know that I knew He was it all along. :-)

No comments: