Tuesday, July 23, 2013

An ordinary Tuesday evening

The sound of gentle folky music is drifting through our apartment at this moment. This ordinary moment of time. Kyle is on the floor reading his book (for some reason he finds that comfortable...). I'm sitting in "my spot" on the couch flicking through old Facebook posts and pondering on the beautiful twists and turns that life has taken me. Taken us. As I sit here on what most would consider an extremely boring evening, I am overwhelmed with contentment. And that's a good place to be. I've been gazing at our living room and at all the random pieces of garage sale/thrift store/gifted/up-cycled furniture that all just happens to work together so beautifully to make the coziest little home for the two of us. I have loved creating a home with Kyle over these past four years. I love the life that we are building together. There is no one else in this world that I'd want to do this life thing with. I love that I can sit in the calmness of this evening, stare at my sweet husband, and simply by his presence be assured of the love he has for me. I love these ordinary evenings where I am reminded of how extraordinary my life really is. 

1 comment:

Stephanie Lyell said...

Oh Leigh Anna-I love your heart. What a sweet heart it is :) I love nights like the one you described. I remember having a couple like that with the two of you in Wilmore, and am looking forward to Dave and I do that same thing here is Ohio :)