Thursday, July 18, 2013

For me

It's been a while, little blog. Four months!! I was feeling nostalgic the other day and decided to read some of my old blog posts. My, how much time changes your perspective on things. And my, how beautiful it is to see where life has brought me. I had a different blog before this one...and then I decided to switch to blogger one day...but I've actually been blogging on and off since 2005. Blogging really started out as a social media thing. It was before we had facebook, twitter, instagram, pinterest, and all that jazz. For me, blogging started around the time that people were using instant messaging. (There's a little Throw back Thursday for ya!!) Your blog was a place to write about everything you did in a day or a weekend. It was all pointless really, but it was a way to connect with friends and share with the World Wide Web of the awesome piece of pizza you just ate and that you were about to take a shower. haha! Oh, and there were always these surveys that people would post that had all these random "about me" questions. I did so many of those...(learned later in life that those are often used by horrible people who like to steal identities. Which reminds me...I have some deleting to do...)

As I read through some of my old posts...and some semi-recent...I saw how much of my heart has been spilled all over these digital pages. I guess Intricacies of the Heart has always been a perfect name for this blog. While you can't always visibly tell, I truly feel things so deeply, at the core of my being, whether good, bad, happy, or sad.  I guess that isn't really a surprise to me...but as I was reading various entries, it was almost embarrassing to read some of the stuff I posted. Especially during this one season of life when I was working through an annoying yet legitimately hurtful experience - one that I drew out much longer than necessary. But that's just me. It takes me a while to deal with stuff. And that's ok.

Growing up as the youngest has certainly played a part in how I tick. Ever since I was little, I've always wanted my voice to be heard (but sometimes felt like no one wanted to listen or cared). I wanted my opinions to matter. I wanted people to care about the things I cared about. For the record, I haven't been wounded for life or anything - I had an awesome childhood and even more awesome siblings! This has just helped me understand myself a bit better. And I think that's why I've always written about how I'm feeling or what I'm going through. Because I felt like someone was bound to read it - and thus I would be heard. And writing always helped me make sense of what I was going through - I felt better when I could put my emotions on a page.  

So many times I've told myself that this blog needed more of a purpose. A blog based on a theme - like cooking or pinterest projects...something other than all the personal stuff in my life. Because who really wants to read that? But after reading all my old silly posts, I realized that this blog was always a place to share my heart and my life, and it simply needs to stay that way. Maybe one day I'll have a more themed blog about renovating my house and maybe get paid for it at the same time... (haha! JUST KIDDING - I could never do that...and I really do love Young House Love btw)

So my goal for this blog is for it to simply remain a place where I can express what's in my heart and share all the different facets and experiences of my life - even if it is about something as silly as food! If someone somewhere benefits from it or enjoys it, then that makes me happy...but this blog is really for me. An expression of Leigh Anna Mullett in word format - and I look forward to reading it 10-20 years from now...that is if the internet is still around then...haha who am I kidding! 


x x 



  

1 comment:

David said...

Very good :)