Thursday, December 01, 2011

Fears with this Faith of mine

Often, I fear that if I declare truths of my faith in writing - whether that be on facebook, twitter, this blog, etc. then those who don't have the same worldview and faith that I do will just shut out anything I say, therefore shutting out any opportunity for them to know the Jesus that I know.

I am afraid at times that if I speak/write in Christianese, then only the Christians will be receptive, and not the people who actually need Christ.

I know this is completely selfish, but it is something I have struggled with from time to time here on social media. Some of you might not see that at all, but it really is something I've been battling over - as I have "befriended" people on social media that I know are not believers. Perhaps I'm not giving them enough credit of being tolerable to my beliefs. I mean, come on LA, isn't it better to put your faith out there then not saying anything at all? I guess I just know that the Christian faith is typically one of the first to be attacked or made fun of. Guess that shouldn't be a surprise to me though...


“If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you.  If they persecuted me, they will persecute you.” John 15:18-20 NIV
“In fact, everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted.”2 Timothy 3:12 NIV

I do believe that social media and the internet should not be ignored when it comes to being the light of Christ. It has become evident that I'm putting my fears and myself in the way of the gospel - I have underestimated the power and ability of the Holy Spirit to work in the lives who do not know the saving power of Christ - even on the internet.

I just need His wisdom and guidance in this small yet significant matter.






No comments: